Listen In To Southern Sense Talk Radio

Sunday, March 6, 2011

OMG!! Who Are Conseratives????

When I started Southern Sense on Blog Talk Radio
I had no idea where it would lead me.
A little more than a year previous, along with 4 others, we started the Beaufort Tea Party in Beaufort, South Carolina.
It took off and we supported and encouraged the establishment of the Hilton Head and Bluffton Tea Parties.  The result of my activism was happily an invite to the Governor's Mansion for a luncheon on the economy and a Christmas Party.  That evolved into an invite to the Inaugural Ball for Nikki Haley.  Boy, from a quiet retired citizen to political activist has been an interesting road.
I have made friends with so many people across the board, that to define what a conservative looks like is impossible.  I have met Black, Gay, Asian, Jewish and reformed liberals, who are now, conservatives.  To only name a few.  As we grow as conservatives, more come out of the closet, so to speak.
To say there are no Black Conservatives is to deny the legacy of Fredrick Douglass and those who follow in his legacy.  In fact, I found, because of my Blog Talk Radio show, I have attracted an audience of a varied backgroud and ethnic heritage.
I must be doing something "Right"!  So Monday, March 7th, I have been invited to be a guest on Perry Steeles's show here on Blog Talk Radio.  I look forward to the show and hope you will join us!  I look forward to a time we can have an open dialogue to help place this wonderful nation onto a positve path to recovery and prosperity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment